Anti-Capitalist Film From 2009


There's so much discussion about the ani-capitalist movement at the moment, I thought it timely to share this 2009 film with you.

I shot this film during the G20 demo in the City of London. It's my first film and was shot with a tiny Flip Mino camera. The stills were shot on standard Nikon pro gear.

Though the fidelity of the piece is lacking somewhat, I am proud of it as a record of the day. Were I to make a similar film now, I'd shoot in hi-definition and pay particular attention to the audio capture as I have learned a lot over the last couple of years and plan to make a lot more such multimedia work in future.

Here I concentrated on the more festive aspect of the protest and was not so interested in the destructive violence. I was far more interested in the variety of characters partaking of the march.

Though I am increasingly interested in motion capture, it's the stills that motivate me most and always will. I see video as a tool to package powerful still images. The video footage informs the stills, as far as I see it.

I think this kind of filmmaking is a great way to show street photography and I hope to post more such projects here at UK Street Collective as I go along. I hope you'll continue to visit.

Thank you.
Paul Treacy

PHOTOHUMOURIST.com (my ebookstore)

No comments:

Post a Comment