Photo by Paul Treacy - Millennium Bridge at Tate Modern, 1st April 2011


This is my favourite of my recent meanderings. I find it quite poignant.


I'm about to head out to London Bridge and surrounds again today for a few hours. The sun's shining brightly and it's lovely and warm. I expect there'll be a lot of people about. The usual mix of Londoners and tourists. I may have some fun looking at these two very different groups and how they interact with the city itself. Tourists tend to meander the streets aimlessly and at a gentle pace which annoys the locals who pace sternly about the place at a rapid rate and with purpose, unless it's lunchtime when they too can become tourist like as they slow down for a while. And on days like today they can become quite flirtatious amongst themselves. All very amusing.

But I'm always on the lookout for a shot like the one above. An isolated individual outside of the herd for whatever reason.

Paul Treacy
More at The X100 files

1 comment:

  1. There's a definate poignancy factor here. The little lean seems to be the key. It's a shot I wasn't altogether sure of at first but it grows. Nice.

    ReplyDelete